CHICAGO, June 10, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Katten announced today that 90 attorneys were named to The Legal 500 United States 2021 guide. The firm also received recognition as a leader in 21 practice areas, where its highest rankings were in the categories of M&A: Middle-Market (Sub-$500 Million), Structured Finance: Derivatives and Structured Products, and Structured Finance: Securitization.
Partner Mark R. Grossmann was inducted into The Legal 500’s “Hall of Fame” in the M&A: Middle-Market (Sub-$500 Million) category for being widely regarded and at the very top of his profession. Partner Michael J. Diver, and Bruce G. Vanyo, chair of Katten’s Securities Litigation practice, were both selected for The Legal 500’s elite “Leading Lawyers” list in Securities Litigation: Defense, which spotlights true market leaders in the sector. Additionally, in the Transport: Aviation and Air Travel – Finance category, Aviation Finance practice chair Timothy J. Lynes was also named a “Leading Lawyer” and associate Brett J. Seifarth was selected as a “Rising Star” for making major contributions to his practice.
The following practice areas and attorneys were named in The Legal 500 United States 2021 guide:
- Alternative/Hedge Funds – Henry Bregstein, Wendy E. Cohen, Allison C. Yacker, Lance A. Zinman
- Commercial Lending – Michael A. Jacobson, Derek F. Ladgenski, Glen K. Lim, Stuart P. Shulruff
- Corporate Investigations and White-Collar Criminal Defense – Scott A. Resnik, Gil M. Soffer, Sheldon T. Zenner
- Financial Services Litigation – Claudia Callaway, Andrew J. Demko, Gregory S. Korman, Stuart M. Richter
- Financial Services Regulation – Daniel J. Davis, Gary DeWaal, Michael J. Diver, Susan Light, Michael J. Lohnes, Paul McCurdy, Lance A. Zinman
- General Commercial Disputes – David A. Crichlow, Anthony L. Paccione, Gil M. Soffer
- Healthcare: Service Providers – Kenneth Davis Jr., Lisa Atlas Genecov, Laura Keidan Martin
- Intellectual Property (Copyright) – Karen Artz Ash, Floyd A. Mandell, Zia F. Modabber, Terence P. Ross, Brian Sodikoff, Joel R. Weiner
- Intellectual Property (Trademarks: Litigation) – Kristin J. Achterhof, Karen Artz Ash, Roger P. Furey, Floyd A. Mandell
- M&A: Middle-Market (Sub-$500 Million) – Mark R. Grossmann (Hall of Fame); Kenneth W. Miller, Kimberly T. Smith, Mark S. Solomon, Walter S. Weinberg
- Media and Entertainment: Litigation – David Halberstadter, Zia F. Modabber, Joel R. Weiner
- Media and Entertainment: Transactional – Susan A. Grode, Michael S. Hobel, Melanie Tomanov
- Real Estate – Frank E. Arado, David R. Dlugie, Christine Noelle Fitzgerald, Andrew L. Jagoda, Timothy G. Little, Kenneth G. Lore, Scott M. Vetri
- Restructuring (Including Bankruptcy): Corporate – Terence G. Banich, Michael E. Comerford, Michaela C. Crocker, John E. Mitchell, Steven J. Reisman, Katherine Scherling, Julia M. Winters
- Securities Litigation: Defense – Michael J. Diver (Leading Lawyer), Bruce G. Vanyo (Leading Lawyer), Christian T. Kemnitz
- Sport – Adam R. Klein, Daniel H. Render, Benzion J. Westreich
- Structured Finance: Derivatives and Structured Products – Gary DeWaal, Kevin M. Foley, Christian T. Kemnitz
- Structured Finance: Securitization – Christina B. Burgess, Claudine A. Chen-Young, Chris DiAngelo, Stephen B. Esko, Anna-Liza B. Harris, John Keiserman, David J. Matthews, Howard Schickler
- Transport: Aviation and Air Travel – Finance – Stewart B. Herman, Timothy J. Lynes (Leading Lawyer), Brett J. Seifarth (Rising Star)
- US Taxes: Non-Contentious – Jill E. Darrow, Valentina Famparska, Todd Hatcher, Saul E. Rudo
- Venture Capital and Emerging Companies – Matthew S. Brown, Jeffrey R. Patt, Mark D. Wood
The Legal 500 analyzes the capabilities and assesses the strengths of law firms across the world, with a comprehensive research program revised and updated every year to bring the most up-to-date vision of the global legal market. The rankings are based on a series of criteria and highlight the practice area teams that are providing the most cutting edge and innovative guidance to corporate counsel. Research is based on feedback from 300,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers who have unrivaled experience in the legal market.
Katten is a full-service law firm with nearly 650 attorneys in locations across the United States and in London and Shanghai. Clients seeking sophisticated, high-value legal services turn to Katten for counsel locally, nationally and internationally. The firm’s core areas of practice include corporate, financial markets and funds, insolvency and restructuring, intellectual property, litigation, real estate, structured finance and securitization, transactional tax planning, private credit and private wealth. Katten represents public and private companies in numerous industries, as well as a number of government and nonprofit organizations and individuals. For more information, visit katten.com.