|Job Title: Director of Finance and Operations||Status: Full-time, 40+ hours, Exempt|
|Date: January 26, 2022||Reports to: Rector|
Saint David’s Episcopal Church is a thriving parish of over 600 families and over 1800 baptized members located in Roswell, Georgia, approximately 20 miles north of downtown Atlanta.
Responsible for accounting, finance, and business operations for St. David’s Church and St. David’s Preschool. Provides various administrative and human resources duties. Participates in senior leadership team of the parish.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for accounting for and posting all donations to financial and donor management software solutions.
- Work with parishioners on annual giving statements and the pledge process including pledge record keeping.
- Manages reporting and record maintenance.
- Provide routine statements to financial oversight bodies (Finance, Investment, Vestry, etc.)
- Works with Finance Committee and governing officers for budget preparation.
- Gives oversight to part-time bookkeepers for preschool, accounts payable, and payroll.
Human Resource Management
- Assist in human resource processing and administrative support.
- Works closely with the HR Committee to implement personnel policies and procedures.
- Manage and administer personnel benefits.
- Maintain accurate and up to date personnel records.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and engages consultants as needed for IT solutions.
- Assists in maintaining church database for donor management as integrated solutions within broader CRM platform.
- Oversees equipment leases and purchases to ensure excellence in productivity.
- Assists the Rector with strategic planning and management.
- Serves as a member of the senior staff team.
- Manage custodial contractors and staff.
- Works closely with the Buildings and Grounds committee to implement repairs, maintenance, and capital improvements plan.
- Manage schedule and system for computerized door locks.
Bachelor’s Degree, accounting certification preferred
Previous accounting and finance experience required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Previous experience with accounting and database solutions preferred.
The role primarily requires sitting, typing, and operating a computer. Some light lifting may be included (i.e. office supplies).
This role is highly self-directed and independent. Primary interactions include the Finance Committee, HR committee, Buildings and Grounds, and Rector. Requires extreme confidentiality with sensitive and personal information.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Current background check, compliance with abuse risk management training, and drug screening will be required for employment.