Certified Futures and Options Analyst – CFOA®
The CFOA certification was born to offer a specialized credential for professionals or independent investors in the options and futures markets. It is currently the only certification focused exclusively on financial derivatives.
- Candidates must pass the CFOA® exam
- Additionally, candidates must have at least one of the following:
- A university degree in Finance, Business or a related field.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in options and/or futures trading, either as a professional or as an independent investor.
- A certificate of completion from an ICFDT authorized course provider.
The CFOA® Exam
The exam is an 80-minute long multiple-choice test, made up of 100 questions, distributed in the following way:
- Section I: 10%
- Section II: 50%
- Section II: 30%
- Section IV: 10%
The exam can be taken in a test center, or remotely through an online proctoring system, anywhere in the world.
Candidates have two registration routes to choose from:
- Sponsored by an authorized course provider: An ICFDT authorized course provider can handle your CFOA® exam registration for you if you have successfully completed their course.
- Self-Study: Candidates who choose to self-study for the exam, can register as an independent candidate. Our Resources page contains links to books and other material that can be useful in test preparing for the test.
The current exam fee for 2017 is $90.